Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Variety Show

The kids' elementary school does a variety show every year. Of course, my kids wouldn't miss an opportunity to be on stage. There were many long afternoons of rehersals at the school and evenings of coming home and realizing I should've thrown something in the crock pot. We had two great directors again this year whom we LOVE, Irene Smolsky & Lillian Boyle. Their home lives during Variety Show must be insane, because they are always at the school. These two wonderful women (PTA moms volunteering) made it a great show. My kids learned self confidence, discipline, an appreciation for everyone's talents, and how to work hard while having fun. It was a blast....well, that is easier said now that it's all over.

Dedan sang with the chorus in the opening act. Emma danced with the 6th grade act to Michael Jackson's Thriller & had some MC parts. Together they did an act to the Miley Cyrus song, Fly On The Wall - Emma sang and Dedan... was the fly. I took videos on the night of dress rehersal that you can watch if you CLICK HERE.

I am grateful for an active PTA and a school that puts the arts into my kids' education even on a crappy California school budget.

2 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Looks like they had a ton of fun! Wish I was there to cheer them on! :)

See Mom Smile said...

So you wanna be a Rock Star? Too cute!