My dad has a nice backyard. Since we live in a condo and share our "yard", visiting him has it's privilleges. We bring our dog, Lula, and she gets to run free. Plus, for the second year in a row we planted a garden. It's hard work....for Harland.
This year we planted pumpkins and watermelons. Recently (ok, so it was 2 months ago, but whatever!) we went to Grandpa's for grillin and chillin and to check out the progress of our future jack-o-lanterns. This is what we found.
It was exciting to see we grew a watermelon! Last year we had 2 small pumpkins, but this year we grew a watermelon!
...or did we? Look closely at the picture below.
Yes, that IS a sticker you see on that melon. My dad thinks he's soooooooo funny. Our one pumpkin didn't get carved. It's sitting on the counter as Thanksgiving decor. And the ??? well, they looked like tiny watermelons but when we cut them open...pumpkins that stalled in the early stages. {Sigh} Maybe next year.
1 comments:
I know this comment has nothing to do with this post but I missed Harland today and wanted to tell you guys how happy I am he found work. I hope it works out great for you and that it will keep you in Newhall 1.
Post a Comment