Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Street Art Festival

Emma volunteered to help with her school's chalk art project at the local Street Art Fair. It was a pretty cool event. Saturday morning she brought Amber along for her shift. They got all chalky and hot in the sun.
Sunday afternoon we went for a family outing to see the finished product (Mystical Head: Head of an Angel by Alexei Jawlensky) and all of the other cool art. There was a full block of chalk art with pictures that were both replicas, like our school's, and some that were originals. All were cool. They also had some performance art. We saw a cool percussion group called ConUnDrum. JR's favorite was a car that had 2 front ends back-to-back with an independent engine in each end. She's a practical one, my mother. Since we were there at the very end of the whole weekend event we missed a lot of the other art, but it was a nice Sunday after church family activity. We're proud of our Emma for volunteering and representing her school.

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

I totally forgot about it. I knew it was coming up but I didn't realize it was this past weekend. we went and saw it last year on Sunday as a fam activity too and loved seeing all the beautiful creations. I love what Emma's school did. :)

Les said...

Okay that is just plain COOL! I love it!