Our normal dates are in the middle of the week while the kids are in school and Nash is napping because it's the least amount of babysitting for my mom. For some reason Har and I got a Friday Night Date last week. We saw Ghost Town with Greg Kinnear, Tea Leoni & some English guy that looks familiar. It was EXCELLENT. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a movie. Go see it!
Then we attempted to go out to eat at a restaurant we hadn't tried before...but the wait was over an hour and we were too hungry to wait. We realized then another bonus for our middle of the week, middle of the day dates. We found an old standby restaurant, Chili's, with a 15 minute wait and enjoyed a kid-free meal. Har only likes going there for the Chocolate Volcano Cake. I'll gladly go with him anywhere he wants to load up on junk food. He rarely does that.
A night out with my husband is always wonderful, but what we saw when we walked through the door made my heart smile. Maybe it's just seeing the boys still or sharing a chair without shoving or maybe it's just easier to see how cute they are when they aren't trying, but this is it. My joys. Two of the best things that ever happened to me. 
1 comments:
That is a sweet sight.
Post a Comment