Sunday, January 04, 2009

Best of Christmas

I have nothing to blog for New Year's (yes, we were that dull), so I shouldn't feel guilty about just now blogging Christmas. The problem has been that I have more than 130 pictures from the week of Christmas. I finally had to go through and pick my favorite captured moments of fun to share with you...


When we stay with the Knowltons we have to separate our dogs at night or they will wake the kids with their playing and barking. First thing in the morning the dogs take turns sticking their heads through the cat door in Rachel's room trying to get to each other. It's even funnier than it looks.
My dad is Santa. Every year my dad humors his grandkids and grows his beard out so that he can live up to his nickname: Grandpa Santa.
Christmas Eve has been our designated family holiday my whole life. Most of which it's been here at the condo. This was the first year in a long while we had me, my sis (Tressa), my bro (James) and our families all here...in addition to many cousins. We were still a brother or two short, but it was wonderful to have so many of us together. Below is Har and the happiest baby ever, my niece, Riley.
Dedan shares his reindeer food to sprinkle on the grass...one better than carrots!
Emma's "candy cane" hair as Uncle Matt called it.
Christmas morning I was brushing my teeth & wondering how long before the kids were going to wake up when Dedan came in to tell me that he, Garrick and Tristen all had to go to the bathroom. When I said, "Ok," I didn't expect this...3 impatient boys peeing behind me all at the same time.
Always one of my favorite pictures...the kids waiting at the top of the stairs for all the parents/grandparents to get downstairs.

My MOST favorite picture from Christmas, because you can see the joy on Emma's face as she stares at her "new" guitar.
It isn't right that my sister can look so adorable first thing in the morning in her PJs.
Har and the boys all got custom designed, handmade t-shirts from Emma with their favorite candy on it. One of our traditions is going to the movies on Christmas day, so they all wore their shirts to see Bedtime Stories (we rate it 4 of 5 stars).

0 comments: