My Nash is not a baby. Just ask him. I do.
Me: Nash are you my baby?
Nash: Nooooo. I'm da baby bruder!
Well, now my not-baby is 4. Four. FOUR!
Don't get me wrong. I am so over (ala Rachel & Ross) diapers, midnight feedings, carrying car seats, and smelling like puke all the time. My neighbor thinks this is the best time in their young lives and I'm starting to agree. No diapers. No school schedule. He can entertain himself, but still likes to snuggle. He can ask for what he wants and I'm strong enough to restrain him when the answer is no (even if there are occassionally black eyes). His curious little mind is focusing more on letters, numbers, books, and he LOVES preschool days. He can go on playdates...to someone else's house.
His birthday party was going to get rained out, so we took it indoors...to the church. Turned out to be a great location. We had a cheetah theme (I'll have to post the story of Nash's fascination with them). Of course, my mom made a fabulous cake....that we still have leftovers of. Come over. I'll fix you a plate.
Heather Kiel took this - my favorite photo of the party. I love all the kids lined up by height in the background waiting for their turn.
...and the madness that ensued. Thanks to all Nash's good friends for making his party...well, his whole birthday, FANTASTIC!
7 comments:
We were glad to be there. We just love your family! I agree that Heather's picture is fantastic, as was the cake. Thanks again for inviting us... and Happy Birthday Nash!
Can't believe he's 4! What a handsome little guy. I don't miss the baby stuff either. It's the teenage stuff I could also live without. I have 4 of those now. Sigh.
Kyle had a blast at the party.. Thanks for the shout out.
Nash is such a big boy now.. :)
How fun! Now, if I can just convince Lexie how cool a baby bruder can be, life will be good! :)
Happy 4th Birthday Nash. Jake's really sad he missed your party. It's my fault, sorry. Looks like you & your buddies had a great time though!
It was great! Welcome to the world of being 4.
We too had a great time, thanks for inviting us, we love Nash!
Post a Comment