Thursday, April 01, 2010

Imported Breakfast

When Harland & I were first married he introduced me to Chocolate Malt-O-Meal. Yum! We'd only been married a few months when he had to leave on a 6 month "float" with the Marines. My newly high school graduate sister, Tressa, came to live with me (to keep me from utter loneliness) and attend school nearby. She likes Chocolate Malt-O-Meal, too. When Harland came home he wanted to know what happened to the box he'd left....14 years later he and Tressa still fight about it. Nowadays, we can get Malt-O-Meal, but not the chocolate variety. It's a problem. When we go to Colorado we stock up buying 6 - 10 boxes. Last week, we ran out. Guess that means we need to make a trip to Har's hometown for Spring Break! We weren't planning on it, but priorities changed...

Not everyone likes the chocolately goodness at our house, but I guess Dedan has his own reasons for wanting to go...like that Grandmother who spoils him.


2 comments:

Dejah said...

So that's why you're going! I'm not really a fan of Malt-O-Meal, but sounds like something my mom would love too.

Unknown said...

Um... they sell chocolate malt-o-meal down the street from me!! I'll bring some to you next time we head to CALI!!! It's GROSS ;-)