Last weekend Har had ditched us for a roadtrip with his BFF, Norman. We had no birthday parties, school concerts, church activities...nuthin. I love that rare Saturday where no one expects me/us anywhere. Love it.
Take that Saturday and add some beautiful, sunny weather. What other choice do we have, but to go to the coast?
So I grabbed my latest issue of Family Fun with an article about Ventura - one of my favorite places to hang out when I was a kid - and decided to do some things in Ventura we haven't done before. No solid plans except to hang out with my kids in the beautiful weather.
Emma & Nashers. Why do I love these things you put your head in?
We beached, we boated, we ate...it was a lovely, fun day. My children are amazing. I'm so blessed to be their mother. I love hanging out with them and watching them play together and enjoy each others company. As a mother, there is no greater joy than to see my kids love each other...is there?
Fantastic day. I wish every Saturday was so perfect. Well, it could've been more perfect....if Har was with us, but we won't fault him for hanging with Uncle Norman.
There was this little hat store where we tried lots on. Emma seemed to prefer the funny food hats.
My gator boys.

4 comments:
Totally awesome. Love those days. Can't remember the last time I had one but still love them!
Oh so much fun... seems we both chose the beach that day!!! Love the pictures, and I agree I love when my children are getting along and "loving" one another!
What a fun beach day! It has been too long since we've ventured there. Maybe one day.....
Wow, that first picture totally threw me off, their faces/expressions fit pretty well. You and Muria are feeding my desire for a road trip!
Post a Comment