I love to tease my mom about the food she made when I was growing up. I know. It's not nice. She still loves me. Truth be told I'm like most kids who have a dish or two that no one makes as well as Mom did. This soup (her favorite thing to make) is slightly green (my favorite color), creamy and perfect for a cold day (and by that I mean anything under 65 degrees here in SoCal). She's made it twice for activities at church recently and both time people asked me to ask her for the recipe (not because she's intimidating... I'm just available on line more often).
This is my Christmas gift to you. Make it. Share it. Claim it as your own. I won't tell.
J.R.'s Mulligatawny Soup
3 T butter
2 bunches chopped green onions
3/4 C chopped onion
saute until onions are clear then add
4 T flour
stir & add
2 Qts Chicken broth
2 T curry
1 1/4 C raw rice
1/2 pint cream
2 med Granny Smith apples (peeled & diced)
2 C diced cooked chicken
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook on low until rice is cooked stirring frequently.
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Comfort Cooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
THANK YOU!!!!
I know you posted this just for me! ;)
Post a Comment