Sunday, December 05, 2010

Mr. No Name

Sixteen years ago I was at an activity for the young single adult members of the local branch of my church. The person(s) in charge of the activity totally slacked their responsibility, so we were just sitting around. I decided to be productive and introduce myself to people I hadn't met yet. A few minutes later I came to a young Marine...who would not tell me his name. His response to my request, "If you really want to know, you'll find out."

He was right.

Nowadays I call him lots of things:
Father of my children
Babe
Har (sometimes Haaaaar!)
CARPEN'R (when he's not listening to me)
Sweetie
Boyfriend (the kids hate it when I use this one)
Perv
Husband (lucky me!)

but today we all can all call him...
The Birthday Boy!
He's 37.
Yes, that's younger than me. I'm good like that.


Opening gifts with his helpers

Happy birthday, my love! (Ooo. One more for the list)

5 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

Perv? I won't even ask.

Happy Birthday Mr. No Name!

KickButtMommy said...

Love it! Happy Birthday.

Cate said...

Love the list! Happy Birthday!

Dejah said...

Happy Birthday Harland!

TheKeilShpeel said...

love hearing about how people got to know each other. OK.. ANDREW KEEPS PUShing my cap LOCK BUTTON ON AND OFF. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Har.