Saturday, July 16, 2011

The End...again

Four years ago Emma & I went back to Arizona to pack up our apartment (to prepare for living with my mom for a few months while we looked for a place to live - ha. ha.) Since it was just the two of us we had some time to play. One of the most fun things we did was go the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at Barnes & Noble. Besides playing fun games, taking silly pictures and seeing lots of people dressed up like Hogwart's students we got to pick up our copy of the final Harry Potter book. When we made it back to California I think I ignored my kids for the better part of a week immersing myself in his world of wizardry for the last time.


Friday, Emma and I left the house earlier than we're used to on these summer morning (my mom's house that we still live in), drove thru Chick-fil-a for breakfast sandwiches and made it to the local movie theatre to stake our place in line for the Deathly Hallows, part 2 - the last foreseeable Harry Potter movie. We went with mixed emotions. Dying to see the movie! And not wanting it to end! Here's a transcript of the texts I sent to Harland (who went to play basketball at the church while we saved he & Dedan seats - teamwork!):

6:45 am - Pick up donuts on ur way home. Em & I are leaving to stand in line soon.
6:54 am - Leaving your tickets on fridge
7:29 am - We're the first crazy people here! (to clarify - we were the only people there)
8:59 am - Line to back to Johnny Rockets. People tried to cut. Had to stake my claim.
9:45 am - First ones in the theatre!

Thank you, J.K. Rowling for all the good memories!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You're so awesome!

The Keil Chronicals said...

How awsome you were the first two in the theater. Love that you kept that special between the two of you. Love this post. ;)
-Heather (I'm using someone else's computer. )

Dejah said...

Aw, Emma looks so little! I'm excited to see these last 2 movies.

Knowlton Mom said...

You guys are awesome with a lot of crazy mixed in!

Cookies and Crumbs said...

You are so crazy to be up that early and wait that long for a movie! I'll just wait for it on Netflix. JK! Maybe in a week or two...