Tuesday, July 19, 2011

harvesting

Remember our sad attempt at a garden last year? It was actually our second year to try planting a garden and the second spot in my dad's yard. Being the persistent people that we are (and by "we" I mean Harland with a little help from the rest of us), we planted in a new spot and tried again this year.

Third time is a charm!

2 zucchini plants = beautiful golden zucchini. Lots of them!

Cucumbers. Did you know they have tiny thorn-like spikes before you wash them?

Soon we'll even have corn! (Emma's pointing at the silk)

Our own little pumpkin patch for this October.

Our First Harvest!!!

Har found a vine from the cucumber (the spikey looking nubby thing) plant that weaved it's way up into one of the tomato plants. We've got lots and lots of green tomatoes. Can't wait for them to get ripe! Tomatoes are our quite popular around here.

My favorite gardener and his blue ribbon worthy golden zucchini.


2 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

Good thing your persistent! Your garden looks great. I will be expecting zucchini bread when I get back,

Dejah said...

That's a great looking garden! I wish we had more sunlight for one at our house.