That's right. I'm old enough to have had my 20 year high school reunion. On one hand it is hard to believe it's been about 20 years since I was that naive, crush-having, insecure, goofy, young high school girl. On the other hand it seems like a lifetime ago since I've seen those friends who met up with me in the Roundtable parking lot, I had bonfires on the beach with, and got criticized with for having too many pictures of friends in OUR yearbook. A lifetime. But you know the amazing thing about real friends is that it doesn't matter if it's been 2 days or 20 years since you've seen them. Given the right environment (like the fabulously planned and executed high school reunion last Saturday) and you are as comfortable as ever talking about new ventures, your kids, job, lack of job, meeting their spouse...you get the idea.
I honestly, had no idea that I was going to have such a great time at my reunion or that I would get reacquainted with so many people. My only complaint was that some of my friends left before I got pictures with them or exchanged information (not everyone is on facebook - heaven knows why)!
I left my reunion wanting more time with friends. Luckily, I got to see a little more of some of them, plus their kids, at the park the next day and even more of the few super fun ones who came to see us at the beach while we were camping. (If you didn't come...you missed out!)
I have amazing friends. Even the old ones.
2 comments:
How fun! You look so pretty!
That's cool you had such a great time at your reunion! I bet you were the life of the party! (I'm NOT being sarcastic either)I'm pretty sure I would hate my high school reunion-good thing they don't do that in Canada.
Post a Comment