One night near the campfire Dedan started telling me this elaborate story. As I sat there watching my nearly 8-year old middle child I was struck by how truly beautiful he was. As I listened, I couldn't help but notice how the expression on his face and the light in his eyes showed his passion for not just story telling but for entertaining - he kept trying to involve me in the story by giving me choices as to what a character should do next. I was so overwhelmed that I grabbed my camera and started snapping away. He was so engrossed creating these pictures for me that it took him a while to notice I had my camera. It's times like this I wish I had more skill with a camera, but maybe the spirit of a child isn't easy to capture. You'll have to trust me: his soul is unmatched, alive, the essence of beauty. Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Story Telling
One night near the campfire Dedan started telling me this elaborate story. As I sat there watching my nearly 8-year old middle child I was struck by how truly beautiful he was. As I listened, I couldn't help but notice how the expression on his face and the light in his eyes showed his passion for not just story telling but for entertaining - he kept trying to involve me in the story by giving me choices as to what a character should do next. I was so overwhelmed that I grabbed my camera and started snapping away. He was so engrossed creating these pictures for me that it took him a while to notice I had my camera. It's times like this I wish I had more skill with a camera, but maybe the spirit of a child isn't easy to capture. You'll have to trust me: his soul is unmatched, alive, the essence of beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment