Fourteen plus years ago I shared a house with my friend, Alisha, and her brother (but he's unimportant for the purpose of this story). Alisha is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. She listened to all sorts of cry baby talk on my part. She was my visiting teaching partner - the first one I remember having. She rocked as a roommate.
A.B. and Alisha
Because she so totally rocked I wasn't surprised when one of the girls she'd been coaching in city volleyball started hanging out at our house...a lot. Lisa (said girl) had a less than ideal home life. We loved Lisa. She stayed with us lots. Eventually it was obvious that Lisa needed more than a friend. She needed a mom. A real mom...with a capital M. My beautiful, single friend was obviously the best choice for the job. They had that kind of great relationship, so I gave a "here here" when she confessed she was thinking of adopting her.
Around the same time Harland and I got engaged, and so Alisha and I started our families at the same time.
Lisa and Craig
Nowadays, Alisha's getting promoted much faster than me. She became a Grandma in May when Lisa and hubby, Craig, welcomed adorable baby Harris. We were honored to be there for his blessing. The Lord creates families in many ways. I am grateful to know this family and be a part of it's beginning...and now to watch as it grows!
Alisha's grandbaby, Harris and his cousin, Tiana.
2 comments:
What an amazing friend you have to take on such a responsibility at young age! Love the baby's faux-hawke !
What a sweet story and amazing woman. It is wonderful you were able to be at the blessing!
Post a Comment