Back at the beginning of the month I got a blog award from one of my Vegas friends/fellow bloggers. I don't take the award lightly since she is the coolest, most fun, nothing like the stereotypical doctor's wife woman & mother you will ever meet...but I wasn't doing much blog reading and missed it! So I'm back tracking, accepting my award - along with its stipulations - and fulfilling my duties as an award winner

First I must share ten things that make me happy (in no particular order):
- I think this is a fruitless plum tree. All winter it has this dark, almost black, bark. Beautiful. Then suddenly it is full of these lovely, tiny pink blossoms. Every time I walk by the tree I smile...and I don't even like pink that much.
- Sunday Afternoon Naps.
- My friends/neighbors...this group in particular. Mike & Dejah organized this evening where we played croquet (a first for most of us) and suddenly we all had to wear funny hats. I'm not sure why. We had a blast...even though it sparked an "anonymous" letter from a neighbor. But that will be a whole other post.
- Netflix. Movies that come in the mail. Genius.
- Babies...specifically those belonging to other people that I don't have to wake up in the night to feed. This is Remy. I love him. I wish I lived close enough that I could go over for more baby holding therapy. It's a cure all.
- My Chicky Babies. Emma and her friends. 12 year old girls are fun and still kinda want to hang out with me.
- Weekend trips to Vista where my BFF lives, where the beach is a couple minutes away, where we began.
- Baking. Even when my rainbow cupcakes look more like tye-dyed cupcakes. They still tasted good!
- When my boys play well together. I would say when my "kids" play well together, but if all 3 of them are playing and happy something usually gets broken.
- I'm just gonna say what I'm thinking (I know its so unlike me): sex with my husband.
Second, I have to give this award to 10 other bloggers...
- I must recognize the first blog I ever read (written by Remy's mom) Shadowbox. She's funny. She's hip. Now she's a mom.
- My friend, Muria, inspires me. She has adorable children. And she puppysits for me. What mother of 6 doesn't have interesting things to blog about?
- Never A Dull Moment: Another one of my friends with a zillion kids who she shares her musical talents with and houses two zillion pets.
- The Norris Family mostly because it's been a while since she blogged, but also because I love the way she writes about her family...and you gotta love a couple that's been together since forever.
- The Schaefer Family. Jen's my old college roommate. She needs this award so I can hear more about her.
- My friend that started the coop preschool we're doing: ZigBeetle. She's uber creative and super patient...and her last blog tickled my taste buds so much that I had to run to the kitchen and start cooking.
- You know the saying "Keeping up with the Jonses" it was made because people like my friend at Cookies and Crumbs exist.
- My favorite neighbor, visiting teaching partner, up & coming photographer, and instigator of the day of croquet: The Morris Family
- Mamie Jo, as I afectionately call her, has been my friend since before I started dating Har. She needs to update her blog. Figured I'd give her a good reason.
- Another old roommate, The Comeau Family, who has great stories from being an elementary school teacher and because she's pregnant with her unexpected bonus baby.
Thank you to my readers and to my friend, Linda, for awarding me. I look forward to many more reasons to celebrate blogging.
5 comments:
Glad I could inspire you! Now I guess I'd better start thinking....
Wow, I'm so flattered. And speaking of pets, wait till you see my next blog. :)
Thank you so much for not just one, but TWO awards! Wow! I'm not taking this lightly either. In fact, I'm going to make myself a sash and crown.
Love you!
xoxo
P.S. Remy misses you
Yay so glad you finally found and accepted your award! LOVE your list. Especially the fact that you like sex with your husband. Not enough mormon women admit to that (or maybe they don't like it, which is sad too). You rock!
Well, I'm glad to see that you enjoy sex with your husband... because if you would have said you enjoyed having sex with your lover I would have been worried! :)
Love you and think you are awesome!!
Post a Comment