Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Differences

I carefully planned my last trip to Barnes & Noble. The boys were camping. Emma was at a friend's house. (Free time! No one to chase!) I had a $25 gift card to spend and no idea what I wanted to buy. After 3 hours (yes, three!) of wandering the stacks (none of which were in the children's section), leafing through books and sampling CDs in their music department I decided on this book (a sequel to this book which I read last summer) and a CD by this girl who I'd never heard of before but thought I'd like. There were probably 3 or 4 more books I would've liked and a CD or 2 that would've quickly been ripped and added to my MP3 player, but I stayed within my budget and still had some fantastic alone time.
Yesterday, my mom came home from a day out with Papa and a Don (family friend from AZ). Among the grocery bags I noticed the familiar Barnes & Noble bags. 2 bags! I was instantly jealous and went to peek at what treasures she'd found. I opened the first bag and was a little confused, so I checked the second bag, too. Sure enough it was identical to the first. Harry & David chocolate and chocolate covered popcorn. 6 boxes. So I ask my mom, "You went to B&N and all you bought was chocolate?"
Her immediate response, "IT WAS ON SALE! HALF OFF!"
sigh

3 comments:

Allison said...

3 hours?! You had some serious free time there! I think your mom would buy almost anything if it was 50% off.
Am I wrong?

Eden said...

Are you even related to her? I would love 3 hours to myself!

See Mom Smile said...

3 hours at Barnes and Noble sounds heavenly. But I think I would rather go with JR!! LOVE Harry and David!