Saturday, June 19, 2010

Playing tourist. Playing chef.

I've got a backlog of family fun I haven't blogged. Here's a sampler...

TOURISTS
We gave Aunt Kay a lift from LAX to Santa Barbara and decided to check out the beaches. We got our exercise and toured the coast on this cool...bike. I guess you'd call it that. It was the perfect day: cool and sunny. Funny enough, I think our favorite part was when we drove through the Santa Barbara Cemetary on our way home. Beautiful views. My camera phone couldn't capture the beauty of this tree on the edge of the bluff with the ocean behind. Gorgeous. Not to mention the fascinating history just reading the gravestones. Is it weird that I like cemetaries?

CHEFS


J.R. with her fancy crepe pan
Emma and I saw a cooking show where this chef woman with crazy hair made crepes. We've been wanting to make them ever since. We saved it on our DVR because crazy-haired chef lady didn't have the recipe on her show's website. *hmpf!*

We had to wait for fresh cherries to go on sale. (Harland never misses that. I think he ate 5 lbs. by himself that week.) Lucky for me, it was the week of my birthday. We pitted ours (something new to try!) and made a yummy topping. Inside was a mixture of marscapone cheese, a little sugar and mini chocolate chips.
Emma working hard (see the tongue?) to make crepes in a regular pan.


This was the delicious result. Birthday cake paled in comparison to this dessert. Mmmmmm.

5 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

I love Emma's expression. Can't believe how grown up she is! The crapes look amazing!!!! You should come make me some! ;) Miss you!

Dejah said...

Santa Barbara sounds fun. I'm craving a road trip/day trip!

Cookies and Crumbs said...

W love riding the surrey bikes in Santa Barbara! And I have to say those crepes look super duper yummy! I loves cherries. Will you share crazy hair lady's recipe?

See Mom Smile said...

Okay now I want to be buried in Santa Barbara. Let my hubby know. Love the pic of your mom!! And the crepes look divine.

Eden said...

Those crepes look awesome. Do you take requests?