Project 1
This week Har and Papa had to rip up 30% of the kitchen counter tiles because ants were living in the broken grout {Gross}. Of course they had to re-lay said tiles once the problem was fixed. Papa stayed up all night Friday to finish in time for all our Saturday afternoon guests. Thanks, Papa!!!
Project 2
Dedan got a K-Nex toy for his birthday from Grandpa Santa - similar to legos but way more parts plus this one has a motor. Har & I took turns helping him over a couple of days but it got finished in time to be the moving centerpiece at his party on Saturday.

Project 3
This was the first knitting piece I finished (I'm still working on a cabled scarf for myself): a white & silver tie for Dedan to wear on his baptism day. There were many late night knitting sessions in order to finish it in time, but my handsome boy was worth every minute of it.
DEDAN'S BAPTISM!
My fantastic 8-year old chose to get baptized. The sentence alone brings tears to my eyes. Partly, because several times during the weeks before his baptism I gave him an out "If you 'hate' church then you shouldn't get baptized", "You know, bud, this is your choice", "The Bishop wants to interview you for baptism. Would you like to go talk to him?" Maybe that sounds strange to my fellow church members, but I needed Dedan to know he wasn't doing this to please me or Har, but he was doing it for himself. We had a talk about what it means to get baptized, what it means to receive the Holy Ghost, and how important those decisions are. My boy decided for himself.
See his proud parents (Har & I aren't normally ones to be all matchy, but we dressed separately and Dedan even picked out Har's shamrock tie. At least it isn't super obvious,right?).
The day was a whirlwind of wonderful. The morning was spent in preparation for the after party (is was quite a party). Our Vista guests arrived early (good traffic - yippee!), so we all got to the stake center in plenty of time (because I padded the time frame when speaking to those in my immediate household), took some pictures, and staked out our seats.
They ask the families to participate (of course) for the services, but I refused to speak since I could barely choke out the words to my talk when Emma was baptized 4 years ago. Emma stepped up and volunteered to sing When I Am Baptized. She called her two BFFs, Caitlyn & Amber, and asked them to sing with her. They did a beautiful job of representing our family. Here's my handsome, freshly baptized boy with his super amazing handmade tie standing in front of his own illustration of his baptism which he drew earlier this year.
I {heart} Dedan.
Congratulations, son!
3 comments:
Wow, what a week for you!! The tie was wonderful, I was very impressed with it. Emma sang beautifuly. And I love you all "matchy, matchy" I am a silly one who loves to make my poor family match. Thanks for inviting us to the baptism, and It sounds like I missed a great "after party"!
I really liked his "super amazing handmade tie"! You did a great job. And a good job to Dedan for making the right choice about his baptism.
His table centerpiece was awesome too!
What a great busy week. What a wonderful way to end the week too. :)
Post a Comment