Thursday, September 03, 2009

Luau at the Retirement Home

My Great Aunt Joan lives in an assisted living facility. Every once in a while they host some fun activities and invite the resident's family. We like hanging out with Aunt Joan so we jumped at this chance.
Of course, once we got there the cantankerous ole broad didn't want to go to dinner or see the show. My charming mother got her to at least come to the dining room with us.
There we found some yummy island inspired dishes, and YES Nash is standing in front of a roasted pig. Pretty cool. I ate some of him....the pig, not Nash.


After we ate, had a short visit, and watched the kids make friends, Aunt Joan was ready to go back to her room. I tried to entice her with the promise of half naked men dancing for her. No go. She went back to her room. Probably good, because I was wrong about the half naked men.

When we reported back to Aunt Joan the following video is the only reason she was sad she went back to her room early.

5 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

Now THAT was funny! I never knew Har could shake his booty so well!

Knowlton Mom said...

you go Har!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

love it! hooray for Har!

DM Everitts said...

Waaaahooo! Way to shake it! I'd be sorry I went back to my room too!

Hurtado Family said...

WhooHoo!! We have some dollar bills waiting here for ya!! NICE MOVES!!!