Friday, May 22, 2009

Words I loved to hear...

Yesterday I took Emma to her soon-to-be junior high so she could try out for Advanced Choir. We were the last ones in the room which suited Emma just fine. She didn't want to try out in front of the other kids. Then the kind teacher (who Emma and I both thought was very cool) told the kids they can request a private try out and the rest of us would get kicked out to the lunch tables. The very next kid stood up and asked her mom to leave, but the rest of us could stay. Of the other 4 who tried out, two did asked their mom to leave.

Emma had a great try out. The teacher even said something about the things Emma can learn if she stays with her all 6 years (jr & high school - just one more reason Emma can't wait to be a 7th grader).

At home she was telling Dad & Grandma about her experience. She pointed out the two kids who asked their mom to leave, and then said, "...which I don't understand, because my mom is my support!"

Great Mom moment.

9 comments:

DM Everitts said...

Ok, so I cried. You are right, that was a GREAT mom moment. What a great daughter you have! I am so blessed to know you both.

Alicia said...

Way to go, Emma! Love those great mom moments!!! :)

Chelsea said...

Okay so call me pathetic, but clearly I just teared up! That is so cool, I hope you guys will always have that kind of relationship!

Les said...

That's so sweet. It's so refreshing to know that there are girls like Emma out there! You're such a great mom to her, she's so lucky!

Cookies and Crumbs said...

Let me wipe my tear away.

Mrs.EBG said...

AWESOME Mom moment! How are Emma and Caitlyn going into 7th grade?! Where did time go?!

Dejah said...

That is so cool. Emma is such a good daughter!

Amy H said...

I knew I liked Emma for a reason. LOL. She is such a great kid, and what a fantastic "MOM" moment. it amazes me how these two have grown, how did we get to the point where we have 7TH GRADERS???? Good thing they are awesome, and BFF's to boot. Hmm, must be their Mom's!!
Love ya both!!!!

Knowlton Mom said...

You are really bringing on the tears over here...with the video of your mom and Anna and then reading this... Here's your proof you are doing something right, eh!