Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day


Memorial Day Monday was a perfectly breezy day. Every time I walked by the flag or it caught my eye through the window as it blew in the breeze I would smile. As our American flag waves, it reminds me of a flood of things:
  • Saying the pledge in elementary school
  • My veteran husband
  • All military personnel who sacrifice much and get paid little in service to our country
  • Parades
  • Fireworks
  • My RIGHT to vote
  • Freedom to go to the church I choose, to worship as I know is right
  • John Hancock's bold signature
  • Countless brave souls who gave everything to build this country
  • My fortune to live here and be part of this Great Nation!

3 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

Spoken like a true patriot!

TheKeilShpeel said...

beautifully said.. Thanks

DM Everitts said...

I absolutly agree. The stars and stripes always make my breath catch.