Sunday, November 08, 2009

Tween Scouts

This year I have the good fortune of being a co-leader for Emma's Girl Scout troop. Comparing them to their former selves of just a few months ago I can sense a something has happened recently. They've grown up. All of a sudden they're not the little girls they used to be. They're smarter, more thoughtful, and funnier (more funny?). Junior high has morphed them into....young ladies


Our meeting this month was putting together a package for a unit of soldiers serving in Iraq. They all brought excellent goodies to contribute to the package. The cards they made were creative and sincere. What a blessing for Emma to have such good friends!Chloe, Amber, Olivia, Emma, Lacey - Kaylie wasn't here :(

2 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

What a wonderful activity for the girls to do! I'm sure those soldiers will love the packages.

DM Everitts said...

They really do grow so fast. I have been looking at pictures of my "little girl" lately thinking that she is also growing up! That is such a nice activity.