Friday, November 27, 2009

Why I'm Tired, a pictorial essay

Wednesday
Made 3 batches of homemade rolls and preped the turkey. I got the idea to brine my turkey from a blog I occassionally read. To sum up: cooler, ice, salty, sweet, spiced up water, overnight. Let's not forget the regular SAHM duties like making sure moments like this are caught for Nash's future wife to use as encouragement to get him to fix things.

Thursday

Kids were hanging from the rafters. Ok, so it was just my crazy brother, James (who drove in from Vegas unexpectedly) that would let his adrenaline junkie 18 month old do that. BUT we had plenty of kids who were so busy playing that they almost forgot to eat dinner...


...except Jackie. She wanted to go home. There was "nothing" for her to do at our house. The only thing she would eat was one of my homemade rolls. They are quite good.


We had lots of family and friends. Here's my adorable cousin, Shandra and boyfriend, Justin. She was my very first cousin...holds that special place in her heart.


Her brother, Phillip, and girlfriend, Jen are having a baby next summer! Congratulations!!!



Which will make these two GRANDPARENTS! Woohooo! And my mom will finally be a Great Aunt. She's still got a way to go to catch up with me. We've got 3 great nieces on Har's side....just saying.



My Great Aunt Joan protects her namesake, Emma Joan, with her karate moves because...


Uncle James is trying to give Emma her birthday spankings...a week late.


Papa fell asleep in a chair in all the chaos. Must've been from the morning of vaccuum dog hairs off of everything before company came.


Or it could've been from this good stuff. We had 2 turkeys totalling 40 pounds and this is all that was left. Enough for a couple of sandwiches this weekend!


Friday
This morning Emma and I were out the door around 5 a.m. for some Black Friday shopping - later than past years. We came home a couple of times in between locations, but when we came home for the night found Grandma had been working hard to get ready for the next holiday.

I'm sure when we go downstairs in the morning the Christmas tree will be up and we'll hear Christmas music playing on the CD player.


1 comments:

Knowlton Mom said...

I will quietly admit that Trevor and I TRIED to make TWO batches of your rolls and neither rose...even though the yeast initially bubbles...no fun! We ended up making Marie Calendar's cornbread! Looks like you had a great Turkey Day!