Monday, November 16, 2009

Why is this so hard for me?


Emma, my baby girl, turns 12 on Thursday. The Primary sang a birthday song to her yesterday in church. I started crying. I felt like an idiot for crying but I couldn't stop...until Dedan came over to me crying. Poor kid got my crybaby gene.


"I never cried for my sister's birthday before, Mom. I'm just so sad that she's leaving."

"She still lives with us, babe. She's just going to Young Women instead of Primary."


"I know! But I'm so sad. I will miss her in this class."


Me, too, baby. Me, too.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh this is so going to be me in about 10 years! What would we do without our girls!?
You are such a cute mommy, by the way!

Allison said...

That was so sweet of Dedan! YW-yikes!

DM Everitts said...

Sob...It just happens so fast!

The Schaefer's said...

I totally understand...when Harrison turned 12 and passed the sacrament for the first time, I completely lost it. It really hasn't been as hard with Hannah (my youngest). So, know that it's mostly an oldest child thing :c)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

just reading this brought tears to my eyes... i'm totally feeling it for you! emma is such a beautiful, fun, amazing girl... she's going to thrive in young women.

Chelsea said...

OMG Young Womens! That's why it's so hard! You just realized that you are old enough to have one of your babies in Young Womens! HAHA Just Kiddin! It does go by too fast!